PGI Compiler Suite Installation at UCL§
UCL has two floating licences for PGI Fortran/C/C++ Server for Linux, purchased primarily for building Gaussian 03 and Gaussian 09 on UCL computers. To install follow the procedure below. If you are installing on a system outside the Institutional Firewall, please connect to the UCL VPN service first.
- Download version 13.9 or 11.9 from the UCL Software Database on your Linux system in a empty directory. You will need to login with your UCL userid and password.
- Untar the installer files using:
tar xvzf pgilinux-2013-139.tar.gz
- Run the installer as root and follow the instructions:
During the installation you will be asked: Do you wish to generate license keys? (y/n) - Enter
nas you will need to use the central UCL licence server.
Add the PGI Suite bin directory to your PATH. The default location used by the installer is
- Open access to TCP ports 27000 and 27055 in your local firewall and any departmental firewall.
- Setup access to the licence server by setting the
LM_LICENSE_FILEenvironment variable. Use either:
export LM_LICENSE_FILEemail@example.com export LM_LICENSE_FILE=$LM_LICENSE_FILE:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the second version if you have other licence managers already defined.
The PGI compilers should now be installed and working.